Have you been diagnosed with cataracts? Do you suspect you may have cataracts? You are not alone. More than fifty percent of those over age 60, and some even younger, deal with clouded or blurry vision as a result of cataracts.
What are cataracts?
Cataracts occur as a result of protein buildup on your eye’s natural lens (the part of your eye that enables you to focus and view images clearly). This buildup causes objects to appear cloudy or blurry.
You may be at a higher risk for cataracts if any of the following apply:
- Past injury
- Family history
- Long-term exposure to ultraviolet light
- Exposure to radiation
Symptoms may include
- The impression that colors are less vibrant
- Blurry, clouded, or double vision
- The feeling of a layer of film over your eyes
- The frequent need to change corrective eyewear prescriptions
If you suspect you may have cataracts, or just want to check your eye health, contact us to set up an appointment today!